God says, see, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland. What do you see when you look at your life this New Year? Do you see possibilities or problems? This promise came from God to the children of Israel at a bleak period of their history. The children of Israel were in captivity, they had lost everything, and they were homesick for the land and the blessing God had promised them. Let us stand on the promises of God today for a glorious new beginning and the new thing in our lives.
The reliability of any promise depends on the personality that gives the promise, His capability, His integrity, and generosity. Our God is able, reliable and generous.
Let us learn:-
I. REPOSITIONING OURSELVES FOR THE NEW THINGS.
- The first step to embracing the new thing that God wants to do in your life is to change your focus.
- Quit looking behind and start looking ahead.
- Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past.
- If you are continually looking behind you cannot see where you are going.
- Paul shared with us the great secret of success in life and ministry (Phil 3:12-15)
- Never give your past a future. Your past can hurt your future.
- If you are going to move on to new things in Christ you must learn;
- That you cannot depend upon past victories to sustain you.
- The children of Israel had many victories in their past.
- Leaving Egypt, conquering Canaan, a strong kingdom in David, Solomon etc.
- The past victories were not assisting them to be free now.
- They needed a new work, a new miracle, a new victory.
- The big question today should be “What New thing is God doing in my life now?”
- What is it that you want Him to do in your life right now?”
- Do not allow your past failures to possess you.
- The children of Israel had failed God.
- God gave them the Temple- They gave Him idol worship,
- God gave them Truth- They lived and proclaimed a lie,
- God gave them the Ten Commandments- They took them as ten suggestions.
- God g
- ave them wealth- they used it to abuse the poor,
- God gave them Himself- They gave Him nothing except rejection.
- You cannot live on Yesterday’s Faith.
- They had experienced great spiritual blessings.
- Old faith was not sufficient enough to deliver them from their present problems.
- They needed new faith, a new vision for what God could do (Psalm 85:6-8)
Reposition yourself to what God wants to do in your life now.
- Repent all known and unknown sins.
- Turn away from our wicked ways and turn to God in Righteousness.
- Forget your ugly past, in anticipation of the glorious new thing God wants to do for you.
- You position yourself by calling on the living God (I Chro.4:10).
II. REVELATION OF THE NEW THINGS.
- The second step is to embrace the new thing that God wants to do in your life- Clarify your focus.
- Develop a faith that can see the invisible
- Moses saw the Egyptians perishing,
- David saw Goliath head cut off,
- The three Hebrew youth saw their God delivering them.
- Can you see God doing a new thing, can you see it springing up, can you see a way in the desert, and can you see streams in the wasteland.
- What do you see? Possibilities or problems?
- In order to discover what God wants for you:
- You must first see yourself as God sees you,
- You see yourself as a wasteland- But God sees streams
- You see a desert, but God sees a way in the desert.
- God is doing a new thing
- God does miracles in order to draw us closer.
- God does a new thing so that you can be a wonder to many (Psalm 105:27, 135:9)
- God does a new thing to cancel every loss that you have suffered- He restores.
- To demonstrate His faithfulness and show His supremacy (I Kings 18), to set His people free.
III. REVOLUTION BY THE NEW THINGS.
- God will move you to a level of freedom you have never seen before. A new level for life, family, business, ministry.
- God will give you rivers in the desert.
- God has already set into motion the events, the people and the resources to move you to the next level (Psalm 95:7-8)
There are principles to follow in embracing the new things.
- Don’t evaluate what God is about to do by what He did in the past- Do not remember the former things.
- Don’t live in condemnation over past sins and mistakes- Do not consider the things of old.
- Believe in the God of a new beginning.
- Expect God to begin Now, now it shall spring forth.
- Lift your vision- shall you not know it?
- Follow the Lord. I will even make a roadway in the wilderness.
- Embrace the work of the Holy Spirit and rivers in the desert (John 7:37-39)
I know God is doing a new thing in my life, family, and work Now.