“Behold, I have set before you an open door” (Rev.3:8). Today is the last Sunday of the year 2018. The Lord, has seen you and me through 52 weeks and Sundays. As we look back, we can only see Gods faithfulness despite many thorns on the way. The Lord removed every obstacle from our way. Were it not for Him our feet would have been swept under. We all can testify that God was our refuge and strength an ever present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1-5). Today the same Lord Jesus Christ is asking you to look up and forward. He has set before you an open door. When out of work, honest businessmen have often to say, with heavy heart and weary feet “I can’t get an opening”, “No breakthrough”. How sad it would have been if there was no opening for weary, sin-burdened souls in the Love of God, praise God for the Grace of Jesus Christ. The work of Christ was the work of an opener. Sin had closed the door into every spiritual privilege, but He who has now the keys of death and of hades has set before us:-
I. THE OPEN DOOR OF SALVATION.
- “I am the door, by Me, if any man enter in, he shall be saved”.
- This is the door of escape from the wrath of God.
- This is the door of escape for the guilt and pollution of sin, from the fear of man and the tyranny of self.
- Today we have the boldness to enter in by the blood of Jesus Christ- Come Now.
II. THE OPEN DOOR OF SALVATION.
- We have the privilege of being “taught of God” this is a door open for all.
- If any man lack wisdom, let him ask.
- The door into divine audience chamber is now open through the name of Jesus Christ.
- He will anoint our eyes with an eye-salve to make us be wonderful things in His holy Word.
III. THE OPEN DOOR OF PRAYER
- Others have won great victories by prayer.
- The same door by which they entered into fullness of blessing and triumph is open for you.
- Moses, Elijah, David, Daniel, Paul, Luther, Knox, Muller and lots of other mighty ones, owed the strength and greatness to this open door.
- Who can tell all the benefits and profits you shall have if you pray unto Him. (Job 21; 15). Enter Now.
IV. THE OPEN DOOR OF FELLOWSHIP
- This door of fellowship with God is a glorious privilege that is open to all saints.
- “Draw nigh to Me, I will draw nigh to you” (James 4:8)
- The Lord wants and desires that we draw and abide in Him.
- His door is open, it is our door that is closed. (Rev.3:20)
V. THE DOOR OF POWER.
- Some have more power than others, because of the degree of yieldedness.
- “All power is given to me, in heaven and on earth, go thee therefore.” (Matt. 28:18-20)
- “He giveth power to the faint and to them that have no might, He increaseth strength” (Isa.40:29)
- He has set this door before you “Wait upon Him.”
VI. THE OPEN DOOR OF SERVICE.
- The Lord says “If you are a son or daughter, go and work today in His vineyard.”
- The door is open for you and your work is waiting for you.
- Who then is willing to consecrate his service to the Lord?
- In every foreign mission, in every home mission field, wide doors and affectual are set open before us.
VII. THE OPEN DOOR OF HEAVEN.
- Jesus Christ said, “I go to prepare a place for you” (John 14:1-6)
- Those who are Christ’s have no fear of ever getting this door closed against them.
- He has opened for us the door of heaven, no man can shut it.
- May you find this door open for you on that day.
- Don’t be found a foolish virgin who was outside when the door was shut.
- When Jesus Christ opens no one can shut, when He shuts no one can open.
- There are open doors for you in 2019. Just enter.
- The door of good health, financial prosperity and victory over your enemies are set before you. Let us enter in Jesus Name.