Message: ARE YOU WALKING LIKE JESUS CHRIST?
Text: I JOHN 2:6
We always become like those we live with. When a person first come to Jesus Christ for salvation, many changes take place instantaneously. That person is saved, forgiven, name in the book of life, New creation etc. However, as we grow into maturity in Christ more changes take place, as we yield more and more to the Leadership of the Holy Spirit, our attitudes, actions, attractions and outlook to life become less like the old, presalvation person and more like the Lord Jesus Christ.
If we refuse to walk like Jesus, we remain like babies. Babies cry a lot, suck bottles, soil their diapers and play with their toes. John says let us walk as Christ walked.
Let us learn:-
I. LET US DECLARE OUR PROFESSION.
When we say we abide or live in Christ we are making:-
- A Declaration of Salvation:
- When we declare that we are actually in Christ, we are saying Jesus Christ is our personal Savior. Acts 16:31
- To be in Christ Jesus is the only place of salivation, of safety, of security, of peace, happiness and of being right with God.
- In order to be in Christ:
- You must know that you are a sinner (Rom.3:10,23)
- You must know that there is a penalty on your sin. (Rom.6:23)
- You must Know that God loves you and He has made a way for you to be saved. (John 3:16)
- You must believe the gospel (Rom.10:10)
- You must be willing to turn from your sins (Luke 13:3, 2Cor.5:17)
- You must be willing to call on Jesus alone for salvation (Rom.10:13)
- You must know that you should not wait. (2 Cor.6:2)
2. A Declaration of Surrender
- To abide is to remain or to dwell. (John 15:1-11)
- We must yield everything to Jesus Christ.
3. A Declaration of Service
- We are saved to serve the Lord. (Matt.7:17-20)
II. LET US PERFORM HIS DEMANDS.
- There is a reasonable expectation.
- Let us walk as He walked. (V.6)
- Let us do 100% surrender to the Lord (Rom.12:1-2)
2. There is a remarkable example.
- Jesus Christ is the standard to reach.
- He placed God’s will ahead of all things (John.4:34; 6:38, Matt.6:33)
- He loved all men equally – He never turned any one away. (Matt.12:15)
- He always did those things that please God. He lived to the glory of God not His. (Jn.14:15)
- He was full of compassion to others (Matt.9:36)
- He was a man of faith (Jn.11:41).
- He walked with God (Jn.14:9, John 10:30)
Are you in Christ ? Are you walking as He walked ? Are you saved ?