DANIEL 6:1-5, Micah 7:5-8
Household enemies range from a wicked husband or wife to a greedy step-mother, an envious brother, an uncle or aunt who does not want your mother or father’s children to do better than his or hers. A colleague in the office, wicked house help or Shaba boy, an associate pastor, a fellow teacher etc.
It always takes someone close to lift you or drawn you. If the people at home don’t sell you, those outsides won’t buy you. A wolf in sheep clothes must come very close to destroy the sheep.
Household enemies are more dangerous because you are usually less cautious with them. We all lower our guards at home because you believe you are in the midst of people who love and care for you.
Let us learn
I. THE CASES OF HOUSEHOLD WICKEDNESS.
- Joseph and his brothers (Gen. 37:20)
- Joseph brothers were jealous of him because of the visions of his future.
- They planned to kill him but Simeon intervened.
- May God deliver you from people around you who are jealous of your progress or even your dreams!!
- Leah and Rachel (Gen 30:1-10)
- There was a bitter rivalry between two sisters Leah and Racheal.
- There was a love triangle because of husband snatching.
- May God deliver you from family members who are eyeing what you have!!
- Absalom and his brother Amon. (2 Samuel 13:1)
- Absalom killed his brother for raping his sister.
- Absalom later led a coup against his father David and toppled him, but God intervened to restore his father. (2 Samuel 15:6, 2 Sam. 19:4)
- Cain and Abel (Gen 4:8-11)
- Cain appeared to be friendly with Abel his brother, but he was looking for the opportunity to kill him.
II. THE KINDS OF HOUSEHOLD WICKEDNESS.
- Those who are on afflicting mission
- Those that are on a killing mission,
- Those that are on avenging mission,
- Those that are on exchanging mission (I Kings 3:16-23)
- Those that are on money making mission (Judas)
- Those that are on glory taking mission
- Those that are on character assassinating mission.
III. THE CAUSES OF HOUSEHOLD WICKEDNESS.
There are many reason people close to you will attack you.
- Those moved with envy and jealousy (Acts 7:9-10)
- Always watch out for people who think you are standing on their way to the top.
- Watch for people who think God is blessing you more than them, Joseph’s brothers were envious of him because of dreams of a future greater than theirs.
- Daniel colleagues set him up,
- Abel’s successful worship angered Cain and he later murdered him.
- Those moved with greed (2 Kings 11: 1-2)
- Watch out for “Athaliah Spirit”
- Watch out for people who want to improve themselves at your expense.
- Such people don’t care about you, but self-interests,
- Samson was sold by his heathen wife.
- Some husbands in the occult sell their wives and children for money rituals.
- Witches kill their close and distant relatives for promotions in the witch world.
- Those moved with pride (Esther 3:5-6)
- Watch out for people you have hurt knowingly or unknowingly.
- Watch out for people who like being worshipped.
- Those moved by sheer wickedness which has no foundation or basis.
- This is common among household members who are witches or wizards.
- Those moved by fear and suspicion (I Sam. 18:6-9)
- Saul eyed David with suspicion and fear.
- Are you facing the heat of envy, hatred, and jealousy within the Christian fold?
- Are you facing the fiery darts of the wicked ones?
- Are you surrounded by enemies- God surrounds you with protection from heavenly armies, fear not.
- Those enemies are at your mercy- fear not