A person under bondage cannot experience and enjoy the blessings of Abraham. The blessings of Abraham extend to both physical material and Spiritual blessings. If the Spirit is sick the physical body cannot be well. In the passage of the scripture we have read, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity 18yrs. She was bowed together and she would in no wise lift up herself. This sickness was engineered by a spirit called the “Spirit of Infirmity” in such a case doctors are virtually helpless since their knowledge can only deal with the physical and not spiritual. Applying a physical solution to a spiritual sickness will only worsen the situation. The physical medication will only act as a fertilizer to strengthen the problem. This could result in the victim acquiring a new demon that may make him become a drug addict. A spirit of infirmity is a terrible thing, it ravages one’s body. It is impossible to serve God effectively with a spirit of infirmity.
Let us pray:
- I cast out every Spirit of Infirmity, in the Name of Jesus.
- Every owner of infirmity, carry your load, in the Name of Jesus.
- Every long standing infirmity, I destroy your feet by fire, in the Name of Jesus.
- I refuse to live with any sickness, in the Name of Jesus.
This woman’s adversaries were not bothered about her flight but more concerned about with her breaking of their law. Monday to Friday work week. This were enemies right in the church. Although she was a daughter of Abraham, she was in bondage.
Let us learn:-
I. WHAT ARE THE BLESSINGS OF ABRAHAM? (Gen. 12:23)
- I will make you into a great nation.
- I will bless you
- I will make your name great.
- You will be a blessing,
- I will bless those who bless you and curse those who curse you.
- All the people on the earth will be blessed through you.
II. WHO ARE ABRAHAM’S SONS AND DAUGHTERS? (Gal.3:6-14)
- Those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ are the children of Abraham (v.7) John 1:2.
- Those who share in the same faith as Abraham are children of Abraham.
- Those who are led by the spirit of God are the children of God (Rom. 8:14-17)
- Those who are baptized into Christ, they belong to Him, they are Abraham’s seed and are heirs of the promise (Gal.3:26-29)
III. UNDERSTANDING BONDAGE :
- The spiritual, physical and material matters are the three areas in which a person can be under bondage.
- A person can be under the bondage of drugs or debt, bondage is bondage, there is no small bondage.
- Bondage like an infirmity, cripples, bends and bows a person, the person becomes irrelevant to life
IV. WHY ARE CHILDREN OF ABRAHAM (BELIEVERS) ALWAYS IN TROUBLE?
- Sin: Abraham’s children are wedded to sin. When sin is your husband you will continue to be forced to sin regularly.
- Ignorance: Hosea 4:6- “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge” If Samson knew that the lie of Delilah would spell doom for him, he would have fled. Stupid people are difficult to help. Ignorance of spiritual matters is dangerous (A woman who dreamt, wedding ring and gown taken away by a white woman )
- Breaking the law of faith.
- Faith must be rooted in the word of God.
- Faith must be confessed with the mouth- speak to your mountain.
- Faith must be blind to opposing circumstances
- Faith must not be moved by sight.
- Faith must continually give praises to God.
- Faith does not make negative confession.
- Faith does not entertain wrong thoughts (Faith is not suicidal or fatalistic )
- Faith is patient (Hebrews 6:12)
- Faith does not give up.
- Faith must be resistant to discouragement and fear (Not doubting Thomas)
- Faith must be released to operate (The woman with the issues of blood )
- Faith never cries, grumbles or complains, faith forgets past failures.
- Faith is not quenched by living in any known sin, faith focuses on God alone
- Every enemy of Abraham’s blessings in my life be bound In Jesus Name.
- O Lord, send Angels of blessings to me, In Jesus Name.
- Every Evil Spirit working against me in my household, be exposed and disgraced In Jesus Name.