TEXT: I SAMUEL 7:7-11
In the Bible, altars are designed for sacrifice as an act of worship. We notice in the above story that the Lord thundered with a great thunder upon the enemies of Israel after Samuel built an altar and offered a sacrifice to the Lord.
Let us learn:-
I. WHAT ARE ALTARS? (Exodus 20:24)
- An altar is a place of sacrifice, altars were made of sand or unhewn stones, that is stones that have not been Chiseled with any tool. Others were made of bricks.
- In some cases, a natural rock could automatically be turned into an altar.
- Altars were constructed for God or idols
- Any altar constructed for the purpose of idolatry incurred the wrath of God.
- An altar served as a medium of communication and worship.
- The great men of God in the old testament built altars-Abraham, Noah, Joshua, Isaac, Jacob, Moses, Gideon, Samuel and David built altars.
- When Elijah challenged the Baal worshippers at Mount Carmel, he told them to construct their own altar.
- When it came to Elijah, he repaired the broken down altar of the Lord.
- An altar could be described as a place where animals are slaughtered for sacrifice
- An altar is a place where blood is shed and where blood cries.
- An altar is a spiritual dining table where God or evil spirits are offered food.
- At the altar, blood is exchanged for something.
- It is a place of spiritual contact with the Spirit world-it could be with either good or evil spirits.
- At the altar, spiritual fellowship with the spirits world is established.
- At the altar that Jacob built at Bethel, the Angels of God were ascending and descending on it.
- An altar is a place where covenants are made with spiritual powers.
- The cross on which Christ died was an altar of a sacrifice of the Son of God.
- An evil altar can be raised by the enemies to steal, kill and destroy.
- An evil altar can be raised to pull down a person, organization or a thing.
II. COUNTERFEIT ALTARS
- The devil has counterfeited most things God instituted to bless His people.
- Sacrifices are offered at crossroads and by so doing they corrupt the cross of Jesus Christ.
- Many problems of black people can be directly linked to evil altars.
- Altars of affliction operated by priests of wickedness are built for destruction purposes.
- An evil altar is a place of evil transactions where many evil things like infirmities, demotions, failure are planned.
- Evil altars must be dealt with aggressively.
- Every Satanic altar erected against me and family, be demolished by fire, in Jesus Name.
- I refuse to be a prisoner of any local altar in the name of Jesus.
III. LOCAL ALTARS ERECTED TO DESTROY LIVES IN OUR ENVIRONMENT
- Crossroad Altars
- This is a perversion of the cross of Jesus Christ.
- The crossroads is to summon demons from north, south, east and west against a person.
- The victim is bombarded with afflictions
- Tree Altars
- Sacrifices at trees are usually wrapped with white cloths.
- Photographic Altars
- Altars can be constructed with wedding photos, family and individual pictures, torment and afflictions are directed.
- Image Altars
- Symbols are made to represent a person or something in the spiritual world– hurting the image causes hurt in the person.
- Reporting Altars
- The name of the person is chanted at all times.
- Victims of reporting altars would be hearing their names without knowing who is calling them.
- Clothing Altars
- When you lose your clothes or your cloth is cut away-pray aggressively
- River Altars.
- Water demons who sit on people’s loves and keep them submerged.
- Forest Altars
- Body part Altars-Placenta, umbilical, hair are used to destroy lives.
- Astral Altars; Evil words are uttered against the destinies in order to render their lives unfruitful.
- Altars of evil transfer-Transfer of virtues
- Family shrines, and physical altars to sacrifice victims of kidnaps.
IV. HOW TO DEAL WITH EVIL ALTARS
- Recognize their operations.
- Renounce and resist them,
- Withdraw your benefits and virtues from evil altars.
- To destroy evil altars, you can curse them, you can call the fire of God or divine hurricane of the Holy Spirit to blow them away.
Pray aggressive prayers;
- I render every aggressive altar impotent in the Name of Jesus.
- Lord, sent Your Fire to destroy every evil altar fashioned against me, In Jesus Name.
- I withdraw my name from evil altars in the Name of Jesus Christ.
- I withdraw my breakthroughs, glory, prosperity, blessing, from evil altars, In the Name of Jesus.