We live in a world and society that thrives on getting more. People want more money, more things, and more power. The millionaire wants more money, the politician wants more power, students want more food, the wife wants more clothes, the artist wants more fame, the Pastor wants more members for more offerings etc.
The Lord blessed Job in the latter end with more than his beginning. “More” means in greater quantity, amount, measure, degree or number. The Lord worked in Job’s life to give him “more”. God gives more to us. Let us learn:-
I. THE PATHWAY TO MORE (Job 42:1-6)
- Those who get more from God walk a special path.
- He gives more to those who walk with Him.
- It is a path of Holiness (Job 1:1,8,5
- Only those who live clean lives qualify for more. (2 Cor.6:14-18, James 4:8, Amos 3:3)
- It is a path of Honesty 942:1-4)
- David got more, he was honest about his sins (Ps.51:17)
- God hates hypocrisy
- God wants us to be honest about our conditions (Prov.28:13, I John1:9, Isaiah 57:15)
- It is a path of Humility (42:5-6)
- Job humbled himself before the plans of God and the person of God.
- Job surrendered himself to God even though he did not understand everything.
- Abraham, Moses, Elijah, Simon Peter, David, Noah etc. they all got more. This path is not easy, but it is the only path to more from God.
II. THE PRICE OF MORE.
- More is not cheap at all, it involves the loss of all you value. It involves living with less.
- The price is less things.
- Job lost everything he valued in life (finances, family, fitness and friends)
- “More stuff” Comes between us and getting more (Matt.6:19-21)
- “More” of this world is temporal (2 Cor.4:17-18)
- Less will equal more in the Kingdom of God.
- The price is less self.
- Job was humbled and humiliated (2:7, 1;3, 2:8-13)
- Job became more when he became less.
- John the Baptist became less to become more (Jn.3:30)
- Make sure that Jesus Christ becomes more as you become less (Matt.11:11)
- The Apostle Paul lost all to gain all (Phil.3)
III. THE PRIVILEGE OF MORE (42:8-10-17)
- The more of God’s power.
- Those who get “more” have power with God. (I Kings 17:1, James 5:17-18)
- The more of God’s provision Phil 4:19, Matt.6:25-34.
- God will move heaven and earth to meet your need (I Kings 17:3-6)
- The more of God’s providence (42:11-13,16,17)
- The more of God’s praises (14-15)
- Jemima- Day or dove- God turned his darkness to light.
- Kezia- Fragrance of victory, from decay to sweet smell.
- Keren- Box of eye paint- Glory and brightness.
- Remember; the pathway, the price and the privileges of more.
- God gives more grace to the broken hearted.