II CHRONICLES 16:12-14
A lot of people claim they cannot die until their time comes. But the Bible tells us that we can lengthen or shorten our lives according to the way we live and the way we believe. That is why any enemy that is not afraid of dying is indeed a great enemy. The Bible says King Asa died before his time. Let us see why he died.
(2 Chronicles 16:12). King Asa died before his time because “in his disease, he sought not the Lord” but to the physicians and therefore Asa died. Anyone who puts his total hope on a doctor and believes that doctors are Alpha and Omega and believes that anything he says from his book is correct and that he is the final say in matters of life and death, such a person will die before his time. (Ecl.8:13. Pro.10:27) “The fear of the Lord prolongeth days, but the years of the wicked shall be shortened”
Kings Asa committed the Agenda of his life to the hands of the doctors and refused to pray.
Let us Learn:-
I. JESUS KNOWS THAT MEN COULD DIE BEFORE THEIR TIME.
- The fact that Jesus raised people from the dead and gave others the power to do so shows that people die before their time.
- The enemy (Satan) has the power to shorten life and to kill (Job.1)
- All the people Jesus raised from the dead were young people. (Lazarus, the son of the widow of Nair, the daughter of Jairus)
- Peter raised up Dorcas.
- The devil only came but to steal, to kill and destroy. (John 10:10)
- It was not the will of God for Korah, Dathan, and Abiram to die in the wilderness, but they stood in the way of God’s work.
- But these three families died before their time.
- Ananias and Sapphira died an early death because of lying to the Holy Spirit.
II. GOD PROTECTS HIS CHILDREN FROM EARLY DEATH.
- (Deut.17:20)- Obedience prolongs life.
- (Jeremiah 21:8)- God sets before us the way of life and the way of death.
- When God withdraws His protection, Satan kills.
- (Psalm 103:3-5)- The Angel of the Lord encamps round about those that fear Him to deliver them.
- Many people die because they rebel against God. They die early.
III. POWER OF THE TERMINATORS
- There are some powers known as terminators.
- Their job is to terminate, if you don’t arrest them they terminate you.
- Power of sexual immorality – This is terminator number one.
- Oppression– When something is oppressing you on a regular basis in the dream or physically make sure you pray.
- Infirmity– The devil is a good distributor of infirmity. Always send infirmity back to the sender.
- The Spirit of Death and Hell– Refuse to be enveloped by death and hell spirit.
- Witchcraft power– This terminator has now become an institution all over the world. Today even children are into witchcraft.
- Evil pronouncement-Wrong use of the mouth will invite death. Life and death are in your own tongue.
- Familiar Spirit and Personalities– Covenants of death are common. People covenant with Satan that they will die at 30, 40, 50 etc.
- The Triangular powers– The powers of the sun, moon and the stars (Psalm 121:6)
- Fear and Worry– Fear, stress are silent killers (Phil4:6-7)
- Tragedy activators– They are responsible for accidents, calamities etc.
- Drinkers of blood and eaters of flesh (Psalm 27:2)- These powers eat flesh and drink blood.
- The Spirit of murder and suicide
- The curse of family destruction– The entire family perishes
- Evil Covenants, Evil summon, Bad food, personal curses, environmental wickedness and ancestral bondage– The terminators steal, kill and destroy.
IV. HOW TO PROLONG YOUR LIFE.
- Repent of your sin and give your life to Christ.
- Receive deliverance through prayer.
- Receive deliverance through obedience, faith and Anointing.
- Receive and prolong your life through the leading of the Holy Spirit (Psalm 91)
- Any power operating against my life from any tree your time is up, die in Jesus Name
- Any power that wants me to die before my time– Die in Jesus Name.
- Any covenant of untimely death, break in Jesus Name.
- I shall not die, but live and declare the works of God.