2 KINGS 19:14-22
As a believer, what do you do when you receive a fearful, unpleasant, threatening letter, news, report, email or SMS? Fear is one of the instruments the enemy uses to perpetrate evil against believers and the body of Christ. Satan knows once he has thrown a person into a state of panic, the person becomes disorganized, vulnerable and easy to defeat. The message today teaches us what to do when the enemy threatens you with reports and satanic letters. Remember whatever you bind on earth is bound in heaven and whatever you loose on earth is loosed in heaven. As a believer, you have Christ authority to tread upon serpents and scorpions and over all the powers of the enemy and nothing shall in any way hurt you. When threats come, you can experience God’s breakthroughs by Faith. The devil has subjected so many believers into weeping and crying. But we have the power to send the arrows back to the senders in Jesus Name.
Let us learn:
I. DIFFICULT TIME FOR GOD’S PEOPLE.
- Satan has subjected many people into weeping.
- There are people who want the Lord to put their enemies to shame,
- There are people who have certificates and diplomas which don’t help them- useless,
- Some people have business outfits whose names have been taken to witchcraft covenants thus rendering the business unprofitable.
- Such people have a business that gulps money instead of yielding it.
- The situation shall be reversed, powers of bewitchment will be destroyed.
- God will restore all that the enemy has stolen from your life, in the Name of Jesus Christ.
II. THE CASE OF KING HEZEKIAH ( 2Kings 19:14-22)
- This letter had been written by Sennacherib but was sent directly from the pit of hell.
- Jerusalem had already been surrounded by the Assyrian army
- The king of Assyria had already carried ten tribes of Israel into captivity.
- Sennacherib had conquered every other nation. His army was terrible, ruthless, yet very organized, this gave Sennacherib a lot of confidence.
III. THE CONTENT OF THE LETTER ( 2Kings 19:10-13)
- The letter defied and defiled the loving God.
- The letter held the living God into contempt.
- Today the devil does write physical letters to people through emails, memos, sms, WhatsApp.
- Satan now focuses on those who have a destiny to pursue, questioning the faith of so many believers.
- He is writing spiritual letters to people asking:-
- “Can God get you out of this problem?”
- “Can’t you see that you are going down instead of going up and that you are in real trouble?”
- “Do you think faith can work in this situation?”
- Are you in this situation today? Is the enemy telling you that God has forsaken you?
- Do things seem hopeless, despite your zeal and holiness?
- Does the enemy mock you, asking you how you will make it?
- You are under attack, the enemy is announcing to you how many people he has defeated.
- Satan tells us about how many believers trusted in God and at the end they suffered and died.
- Perhaps the devil is offering you a deal, coaxing you to come out of the Narrow way and join the crowd on the broadway.
- Perhaps you have suffered all your life in your honest way and he is proposing some crooked way of getting money to you.
- Have you received a physical letter, exam results, interviews result, bank statement, letter of harassment, suspension, dismissal, divorce or medical report, all these are satanic letters.
IV. HOW TO CANCEL AND PRAY AGAINST SATANIC LETTERS.
- Spread the letter before God- Hezekiah did it.
- Engage in quality praise and worship like Hezekiah.
- Report the threat to the Lord.
- Fight back
V. GOD’S REPLY TO SENNACHERIB’S LETTER (2 Kings 19:32-35)
- God will deal with your enemies.
- No matter how many evil spirits are invading your life, no matter how fierce they are,
- The Lord your God will deal with them today