TEXT: ROMANS 8:28-39
William is 39 years and he is still single. One evening a friend asked “why are you not married? William replied “for sure, I have found many women I wanted to marry, but when I bring them home to meet my parents, my mother doesn’t like them” His friend says “ I have got a perfect solution, just find a girl who is just like your mother” . Three months later, William and friend met again, “Did you find the perfect girl ?” “ Did your mother like her ?” with unhappy face William replied “Yes, I found the perfect girl, she was just like my mother, my mother liked her very much”, The friend said, then why are you not happy?” William replied, “My Father doesn’t like her,”
We don’t fully know why people suffer and why disaster happen to us. Christianity is not a bed of roses. Christians in the 1st century had enemies, they were hated , persecuted, discriminated and even killed. Why do bad things happen to good people ?
Let us learn:-
I. NOTHING IS MORE PURPOSEFUL THAN THE LOVE OF GOD (Romans 8:28-29)
- The truth about is that God comes through when hardship breaks out.
- There is a purpose behind everything that happens though we may not be sure about its reason.
- We must differentiate between Reason and Purpose.
- Islam is a fatalistic religion and Europe is dominated by the philosophy of existentialism.
- Islam says everything bad or good is from God.
- Existentialism says, good and bad has no meaning.
- Christianity believes That God permits even the bad to happen, but God did not present, provide or perform the bad things or prohibit them from happening (James 1:13)
- By faith we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him. (V.28)
- God “works together” -It mean synergy- “Syn” – “Together” “Ergeo”- “Work”. Works together or “ergonomics” -To those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
II. NOTHING IS MORE PRECIOUS THAN THE LOVE OF GOD (Rom.8:30-32)
- God in Christ gave us the greatest gift –Love, by His death on the cross.
- God did not spare His Son, but gave up Him for us.
III. NOTHING IS MORE POWERFUL THAN THE LOVE OF GOD (Rom.8:33-39)
- Only Christ is qualified and worthy to press charges, judge cases and make intercession for us.
- Jesus Christ is our prosecuting attorney, court judge and defense lawyer and Nothing can separate us from His love.
- Paul list, Trouble, hardship, persecution, famine, nakedness, danger and sword.
- In all these things we are more than conquerors– We are more than overcomers, victors, winners.
- God did not promise a life without storms, gloom or downpour – but did promise a Rainbow at the end of the storm and a light at the end of the tunnel and a day of rejoicing after a night of mourning (Psalm 30:5)
- Nothing is more personal, permanent and passionate than God’s love.
- God gives us His very best, He guides us in every way and guards us to the very end, without His consent, Not a hair of your head will perish.