The word “Able” refers to the power one has by virtue of inherent ability and resources. “Able” describes that which has sufficient or necessary power, means, skills or resources to accomplish an objective.
God is able to exceed your expectations. He is able to do exceedingly above all you can ask or imagine. God is able to do the humanly impossible in our lives.
It is good and important to be reminded early in the year of God’s ability to answer and to do all that we ask and request.
God has the power and the ability to do all that we ask of Him or even imagine Him doing.
Therefore let us be bold and courageous in asking in prayer. Let us bring to Him what we consider to be our most impossible request to God.
Let us be bold enough to bring all our wildest dreams to God for there is no danger of exhausting God’s ability or power to answer.
His power and grace are beyond all that we can even ask, He does that which seems to be unattainable in human terms.
Let us learn:-
I. THE DESCRIPTION OF HIS ABILITY
- God is all-powerful. His power is infinite and unlimited. He can do with power anything that powers can do.
- God is able and has the power to do all He wills to do.
- God has the resources and the ability to work His will in every circumstance in the universe. He is able to do everything He needs and wants to do.
- There are four categories of scripture that describes God’s ability.
- Nothing is too hard for God (Jeremiah 32:17)- For nothing is impossible with God (Luke 1:37)
- No one can stop God’s plans (Job. 42:2)
- He made all things and all things serve Him (Psalms 119:91)
- He does whatever He pleases (Psalm 115:3)
- Naturally, we try to limit the eternal and absolute power of God, because of our concepts and understanding of who God is.
- However, although God is able to do, there are things God cannot do;
- God cannot deny Himself (2 Tim.2:13)
- God cannot lie (Titus 1:2)
- God cannot be tempted to evil (James 1:13)
- God cannot change His basic nature (Numbers 23:19)
- God will never act contrary to His own righteous, holy and unchanging character.
II. THE DIMENSION OF HIS ABILITY.
- He is able to save to the uttermost (Heb. 7:25)
- Jesus took our place that we might have His peace, He took our sin that we might have His salvation.
- When God saves us, our sins are forgiven and forgotten forever.
- He is able to help them that are tempted (Heb.2:18)
- The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in the moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.
- He is able to subdue all things unto Himself (Phil.3:21)
- God is able to take even that which is useless and make it wonderful.
- He is able to deliver from the fires of life (Daniel 3:17)
- Satan will always scare us with the fiery furnace, threatening us that unless we bow, we will burn.
- God is able to build us up. (Acts 20:32)
- Living and paring in the spirit will cause us to be built up in Christ, in faith, and in His word. (Jude 1:20)
- God is able to do above our expectations and imaginations (Eph.3:20)
- He cannot be predicted or limited (The red sea experience)
- God is able to heal and deliver (Matt.9:28)
- He is able to keep us from falling (Jude 1:24, Acts 20:32)
III. THE DEMONSTRATION OF HIS ABILITY
- Creation (Isaiah 43:18-19)
- Perfection- what He starts He finishes (Gen. 17, Roman 4:19-22)
- Restoration- He restores that which the enemy has killed, stolen or destroyed. All the wasted years (Psalm 23)
- Protection (Daniel 3)
- Provision (I Kings 3)- the widow of Zarephath
- Destruction- He destroys the works of Satan ( I John 3:8)
- Salvation – He has saved me.
- Think of the times He has delivered you.
- Let His past works upon your life remind you that God is able and He will come through for you every time.
- Trust God no matter what!