In the trials and trouble of Job, Job knew something you ought to know in your life. These verses mark a turning point in the life and attitude of Job. After his pity parties, he finally gets his eyes on the big picture or the big idea in life. He begins to look beyond and now to somethings that are settled. Somethings that will never change. These changeless things gave Job joy. When life is rough and you feel defeated, there are some sure facts that can bring joy in the midst of the storm. Job knew of a redeemer, a friend, a Savior God. In the dying world, in a changing world, in a barren, broken, bitter world, Job found an undying redeemer. Let us learn:-
I. I KNOW ABOUT A REDEEMER (19:25)
- A personal knowledge (I, Me). He knew the redeemer, the redemption and resurrection.
- A powerful knowledge- life changing- this knowledge changes people.
- A privileged knowledge- I know Him and He knows me. He knows me and still loves me!
II. I KNOW ABOUT A RETURNER (19:25)
- His promise John 14:1-3, Rev.22:20
- His power Matt.28:18
- To rupture- I Thess.4:16-18, I Cor.15:51-52
- To Reign- Rev.19:11-16
- His performance- He is able to do all He has promised to do (Rom.4:21, Psalm 145:13)
III. I KNOW ABOUT A RESURRECTION (19:26)
- A departure- (Heb.9:27, John 11:25-26, 2 Tim.4:6)
- This departure is:-
- Nautical- To loose a ship from the dock and set sail.
- Military- To take down the tent.
- Traveller – To put the horse in the barn.
- Legal- To unchain a prisoner.
- If you are truly saved you can never die, you just go home!
- A Decomposition- The body returns to the elements of ground from where it came from (Gen.3:19) “Not soul asleep”
- A Deliverer- This very body is going to rise! I Cor.15:12-23- This body shall live, be changed and shall see God.
IV. I KNOW ABOUT A REUNION (V.27)
- Personal- John 17:24, Rev.22:4- I will see Jesus.
- Perpetual- I Thess.4:17, Psalm 73:24- I am going home.
- We get overwhelmed by the thought of death,
- But we find a lot of comfort, hope and strength in the thought of it.
- I don’t know much, but I know that my Redeemer lives.