Jesus Christ the lowly Child, yet the “Mighty God”, he was stripped of His glory, but was still glorious in His weakness. Great is the mystery of godliness. The greatest disaster of the world was when Adam and Eve sinned. The temper seemed to win, but Christ has come redeeming.
- Let us learn:-
I. HIS SAVING NAME. “Thou Shall Call His Name Jesus” (V.31)
- Jesus means Savior.
- God in measuring the depth of man’s need could only meet that need by the gift of His only son.
- Our greatest need is not food, shelter, education, health or political freedom, but salvation, forgiveness, and redemption.
- As a savior, Jesus saves from:-
- Sin (Matt.1:21)
- From its defiling and condemning power.
- From the love of sin and from the wrath that is to come because of sin (I Thess.1:10)
- He saves from sin by putting Himself between the sinner and his guilt (Isa.53)
- Self (Galatians 2:20)
- All of us needs to be saved from ourselves.
- The “I” is to be crucified with Christ that the body of sin might be destroyed (Rom.6:6)
- Self-wisdom, self-effort, self-righteousness, self-esteem, self-respect, self-image, and self-service are all enemies from which we need to be delivered.
- We are delivered and saved when Christ reigns within.
- This present evil world (Gal.1:4)
- By being crucified with Christ, we are crucified to the world and the world to us. (Gal.6:14)
- The cross of Christ comes between us and the world, the flesh and the devil.
- Jesus Himself prayed that we should be kept from the evil (John 17:15)
- Jesus Christ is Mighty to save all who come to Him.
II. HIS WONDERFUL CHARACTER “HE SHALL BE GREAT” (V.32)
- Great in His Origin- “Called the Son of the Highest”
- As a child He was born, as a son He was given (Isa.9:6)
- Being the son of the Highest, He is higher than angels or than any created one.
- Yet he belonged to the Highest, he descended to the lowest for us (Phil.2:1-5)
- Great in His Love
- Being the son of the Highest, His love was of the highest order (I John 4:10)
- His love for us was stronger than death.
- Great in His Power.
- There is nothing impossible with Him(V.37)
- He is able to save to uttermost (Heb.7:25)
III. HIS GLORIOUS PROSPECT “THE LORD GOD SHALL GIVE HIM THE THRONE OF HIS FATHER DAVID” (V.32)
- He has a Throne
- He has not yet received this throne, for the house of Jacob still despise and reject Him as their Messiah King.
- Jesus Christ is God’s appointed heir to David’s throne (Jer.23:5, Psa. 132:11, Rev.22:16)
- He shall Reign over the House of Jacob (V.33)
- He as King has been rejected and His reign over them as people delayed.
- But the word of God cannot be broken, because the gifts and calling of God are without repentance. (Daniel 7:13-14), It must come to pass.
- Kingdom shall have no End (V.33)
- The kingdom of God that is within us shall have no end.
- We shall never cease to be under the kingdom of our Lord and of His Christ our exalted Redeemer.
- But the kingdom of this world has not yet become the king of our Lord (Rev.11:15)
- Kenya, African Nations, Europe, America, Asia, Latin America, and Australia are not under Jesus Now!!
- Time is coming, though when the blessed and only Potentate, the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords shall reign over all, blessed forever.
- These times cannot come “Until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ (I Tim.6:14-16)
- Is Jesus Christ your Savior and King?
- If He is, worship, serve, Love and praise Him forever.
- Come to Him today, our blessed Redeemer.