This is the first Sunday of 2019. As we begin this new year, let us begin it by understanding and walking in dominion. Jesus Christ has all the power in Heaven and on earth. Portion of this power has been given to every believer in Christ. As a believer you and I are expected to walk in dominion in every area. Apostle Paul reminds us of this Dominion in Ephesians 1:19-23. Now dominion is a topic that many of u talk about but very few of us really possess. Dominion simply means power, authority or control over something or someone. Dominion is the ability to request or command and expect a fulfilment of that appeal. To have dominion is to rule, to be in charge. For a saint of God understanding dominion is crucial to his walk with God. Spiritual dominion is not arbitrary ruleship, it is not going around commanding and demanding at your own discretion. Spiritual dominion falls under the auspices of God. It is only effective and effectual when it submits totally to the will of God. Dominion is about knowing who you are in Christ and understanding that in you through Him is the power to lay hold onto the promises of God and possess them until the day of Christ.
Dominion is knowing and understanding that you can do what God said you can do. Dominion is having what God said you can have and be what God said you can be.
Let us Learn:-
I. THE PLAIN TRUTH ABOUT WALKING IN DOMINION.
- Spiritual dominion begins in you. You will never be able to exercise power or authority over anything until you have first conquered self.
- The flesh is our greatest enemy.
- The church today appears to be on fire with spiritual warfare, going against demonic powers, rebuking Satan but until you conquer your flesh you are no match for the enemy. (Romans 12:1-2).
- The word of God has not changed, except we first take dominion over ourselves, over habits, desires and unbridled lusts and passions that are in us we can never expect to have dominion over anything else.
- We must crucify, dominate and control the flesh and make it bow to the dictate of God.
- People who take dominion are leaders not followers.
- They learn through their experiences and they believe God to fulfil His promises.
- The devil has tried to destroy you, setting you up for failure.
- He caused accidents, injuries and sickness, But God kept you alive, He kept you able and sound mind and strength ready for this day, this hour and this season (I Cor.15:58).
- You must take dominion, you must take control, stop bowing to things you don’t have to bow, don’t accept things you don’t have to accept.
- Bring your body under control, your mind, spirit, your mouth and attitude.
- Stand for righteousness, holiness, uphold Gods word, rejoice in troubles.
- Worship with commitment, stand in authority, take control over whatever mountains in front of you.
- Don’t let it stand in your way, Don’t let it keep you from your place of power and dominion (Phil.4:13)
II. THE PRINCIPLES OF WALKING IN DOMINION.
- There is a spirit realm right above your head, until you get some discernment of the spiritual realm you will never gain dominion.
- The devil is the prince of the power of the air, he operates in the dark and we need to recognize who we are fighting.
- Know who you are and let the devil know who you are.
- You must know what Jesus Christ’s power is and what He accomplished for you through the cross, the empty tomb and His present position in heaven.
- Use D.O.M.I.N.I.O.N PRINCIPLES.
- D= Discover your source of dominion,
- O= Obtain knowledge on the effective use of your weapons. (2 Cor. 10:3, Rom.10;17, Jn.15:7)
- M= Maintain your relationship with the body of Christ (Col.1:18) the gates of hell will not prevail.
- I = Identify your enemy (John 10:10, Col.2:15)
- N = Never stay unprepared– stay in the blood (Rev.12:11)
- I = Imbibe the spirit of praise (Act 16:25)
- O= Obey the Lord always (2 Cor.10:5-6, I Sam 15:11-23)
- N = Never share of His glory– Never ascribe His glory to yourself or to anyone.
III. THE PLACE OF WALKING IN DOMINION.
- Dominion over sin (Rom.6:14)
- Dominion over fear (2 Tim.1:7)
- Dominion over the world (I John 5:4-5)
- Dominion over worries and anxiety (Phil.4:6-7)
- Dominion over demons (Eph.6:10-12, Luke 10:19)
- Dominion over thoughts (2 Cor. 10:3-5)
- Dominion over failures and set backs (Micah 7:8)
- No one can walk in dominion unless he is first connected to Christ, who alone is worthy to give dominion to those that believe in Him.
- You can start the journey into the life of dominion today by accepting the free gift of salvation.
- Repent of your sins, ask for pardon from God through the blood of His Son, Surrender fully to Christ as Lord and Savior.