I JOHN 4:4
Your case is not closed until you decide to close it. No matter where you may be right now, or what your situation looks like, be assured that you were born to win.
Life is a battle fight, and everyone who must succeed must put up a fight to get it. How violent you are able to fight determines the degree of victory you derive from your battles. Understand that there cannot be a winner without a fight. It is only at the end of a battle that you can truly declare a winner. We fight daily and most of these battles are spiritual. If the devil is fighting against your progress, then it is scriptural to fight back (II Cor.2:14). So you were born for a battle and you were born to win the battle. You were born an overcomer, so no situation is permitted to defeat you. God knows your capacity as a winner, God will never allow something to come to you than you can bear. When we are in Christ, we fight not for victory, but from victory. Victory is not a destination, victory is the beginning point for the child of God.
Let us learn
I. SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLE OF WINNERS.
- Job was confronted with the fiercest battle of his life (Job 1:14-22)
- He lost everything he had ever worked for in one day.
- His children, property, and everything were gone.
- Job chose to trust God in his darkest hour.
- At the end of the battle and victory, God restored to him twice what he had lost.
- The battle you are facing in your life is not as tough as Job’s.
- Understand that the devil wants to use that challenge to separate you from the love of God.
- David confronted Goliath and David won (I Samuel 17:45-51)
- David was convinced beyond any reasonable doubt that God will give him victory.
- David faced opposition from his own brothers, but he did not give up in discouragement.
- He was threatened by Goliaths appearance and boastful words, but David believed in God
- David confessed and believed in victory. Your Goliath might be a champion for many years, but your God has never lost a battle before. Believe and confess your victory in him and through him and your goliath will fall.
- Jabez overcame the battle of spiritual resistance and stagnancy(1chro 4:4,9-10)
- Jabez was faced with spiritual forces that prevented progress and breakthrough in his life.
- Jabez called upon the God of Israel in Prayer.
- Philip overcome the rule of the magician with the power of the Gospel (Acts 8:5-13)
- Philip entered Samaria, a city of magicians, he preached the gospel with the power of the Holy Spirit- Signs and wonders- the magicians believed in Christ.
- Paul overcome all attacks, challenges, and opposition to his calling (Rom. 8:35-39, Phil 4:13)
II. STEPS EXPECTED FROM WINNERS
Victory should be a normal Christian life.
- Walk in righteousness ( 2 Cor. 5:15)
- Walk in the newness of life.
- Live a life above the flesh, above the standards and dictates of the world, above all the temptations the devil will bring your ways.
- Walk in love. (I John 4:17-21)
- Love God with all your heart, love others as you love yourself.
- Walk in obedience (Deut 11:26-28)
- Walk in forgiveness (Matt. 6:12-15)
- Walk in faith (Heb. 11:6)
- Walk in unity (Gen.11:6)
III. STUMBLING BLOCK EXPOSED TO WINNERS.
- If you want to be on the winning team, you better get off the devil’s side.
- Love not the world (I John 2:15-16, 5:4.
- Friendship with the world will make us enemies of God (Psalm 1:1-3)
- Give no occasion for the flesh (Rom.8:8-13)
- Don’t get discouraged in prayer (James 5:16-18)
- Never complain or murmur against God (Number 14:1-5)
- Never doubt God, even in a fearful situation (Exodus 14:13-16)
- Never quit or surrender to the enemy (Micah 7:8)
- Put on the whole armor of God (Eph.6:11)
- Fight every opposition
- Pray without ceasing.
- Victory in the battle is your right in Christ Jesus.